Fluke 438-II Power Quality Analyzer & Motor Analyzer
The 438-II Power Quality Analyzer & Motor Analyzer helps you effectively evaluate electrical and mechanical performance just by hooking up voltage and measuring current, providing you with an unprecedented level of data.
- Brings key motor analysis parameters like speed, torque and mechanical power and calculates motor efficiency without mechanical sensors
- Includes full power quality and electrical energy analyzer functionality
- Highest safety rating in industry; 1000 V CAT III / 600 V CAT IV
Quickly and easily discover electrical and mechanical performance of electric motors, and evaluate power quality with a single test tool
The Fluke 438-II Power Quality and Motor Analyzer adds key mechanical measurement capabilities for electric motors to the advanced power quality analysis functions of the Fluke 435 Series II Power Quality Analyzers. Quickly and easily measure and analyze key electrical and mechanical performance parameters such as power, harmonics, unbalance, motor speed, torque and mechanical power without the need of mechanical sensors. Fluke 434-II, 435-II and 437-II Power Quality Analyzer users can add motor analysis capabilities to their existing units with the Fluke-438-II/MA Motor Analyzer upgrade kit. The 438-II uses data from the motor rating plate for either NEMA or IEC rated motors to aid the calculation of the mechanical parameters.
Other useful features:
- Calculates mechanical power and efficiency without mechanical sensors. Just connect to the input conductors
- Measures electrical power parameters such as voltage, current, power, apparent power, power factor, harmonic distortion and unbalance to identify characteristics that impact motor efficiency
- Identify power quality issues such as dips, swells, transients, harmonics and unbalance
- Uses PowerWave data capture to capture fast RMS data, and show half-cycle averages and waveforms to characterize electrical system dynamics (generator start-ups, UPS switching etc.)
- Offers waveform capture function to capture 100/120 cycles (50/60 Hz) of each detected event, in all modes, without set-up
- Uses automatic transient mode to capture waveform data at 200 kS/s on all phases simultaneously up to 6 kV
- Automatically calculate motor derating according to NEMA/IEC guidelines
- Fluke Connect® compatible so you can view data locally on the instrument, via Fluke Connect mobile app and PowerLog 430-II desktop software